All pets have their own personalities, quirks and traits; however sometimes they may need a little extra help and guidance. We are pleased to announce that we are now able to offer behaviour consultations with a specialist at our Pershore Branch Surgery.
Odette will be able to offer advice and tips for a range of behaviour issues, such as:
- Anxiety at the vets
- General training tips
- Mild separation stress
- Degree in Animal behaviour and welfare science from the University of Bristol
- Trained with the Association of Pet Dog Trainers - The APDT provide education - via pet dog training classes and one-to-one lessons - to the dog owning public, promoting the use of Kind, Fair and Effective training
- Worked as a dog trainer and walked anxious dogs
- Social visits to help create positive associations with coming to the vets, helping dogs feel more relaxed
- Using positive reinforcement to helps develop handling skills
Please contact the surgery on 01386 446095 and ask to speak to Odette to discuss any behaviour concerns.
All behaviour cases need to be referred by a veterinary surgeon to eliminate any medical issues that may be causing behaviour changes. Any behaviours that are severe may require referral to a veterinary behaviourist.